Grab your shadow clones and a snack as we Ransengan into the mostly canon but some filler Naruto episode.
First Aired: 2002
Created By: Masahi Kishimoto
Breakdown and Analysis
- The first episode already pulls you in to want to see Naruto succeed. We see so much progression with Naruto and the storyline with the Forbidden Jutsu.
- Naruto chose to see the brightness in everything. For him to turn into who he is in Shippuden is credit to his resilience.
- Naruto and Sasuke both had devastating childhoods but they turned out vastly different.
- Every life that Naruto touches is changed for the better.
- We Stan a strong Shikamaru!
- In order for Sasuke to become as strong or stronger than Naruto he needed to leave Konoha.
- Kakashi is the best
- Most of the characters had tough childhoods. Except for spoilt Sakura.
- Rock Lee is a fan fave! His drunken Taijutsu was everything! He has pure grit and, like Naruto, never gives up. Made sense to have him as the lead in the spin off.
- Neji is a natural born leader. He would always be there for the team and figure things out. His character development was a delight to watch. Rest in peace, our friend.
- We had a new found respect for Choji when he chose to stay behind on the first mission to rescue Sasuke.
Unrelated but vital points
- Happy 20th episode to us! Thanks to everyone that has been with us from the start and those that are new to the podcast.
- Michael B Jordan gets a shoutout before we get into the episode
- Sakura was the Samwell Tarly of the show.
- If Danzo pjs exist, please don’t tell us.
- Oti would rock Might Guy’s onesie. Coming to a Comic Con near you!
For Your Reference