Put on your finest granny panties and most adorable reindeer sweater as we talk all things Bridget Jones. With the most fitting guest, Em from Verbal Diorama podcast!
Released: July 2001
Worldwide Gross: $281,929,795
Breakdown and Analysis
- Bridget Jones is the only romcom to have a trilogy that was released in the millennium
- Renee does an impeccable job playing an iconic Brit character. Not only that, her performance in this role was a delight to watch. It was very easy to empathise with feeling alone and being insecure.
- Bridget Jones speaks to a lot of us, maybe even males too. This is just as relevant as it was when it first came out because we are marrying, having children later in life to focus on our careers or other reasons. We talk about the dinner party scene where everyone is married except for Bridget. The societal pressures of what you should be doing at particular checkpoints is always a fun game to play isn’t it?
- Jim Broadbent is an international treasure and it was a treat seeing both him and Renee connect as Father and Daughter.
- Apparently ‘Tarts and Vicars’ parties aren’t a real thing that happens. You can believe they are real if it puts a pep in your step.
- Everyone has worked with a Tits-pervert before. Although, KT does raise a point does it depend on how attractive they are in whether it’s creepy or not? We have Cleaver getting more than a handful of Bridget, but that’s ok? It certainly is playful in a movie but in real life? Uh oh it’s getting too real… Think lake Colin Firth thoughts. You’re welcome.
- This is the first dedicated bullet point for Colin Firth. Look at me, this is growth haha. Em and KT were well aware and ate every tasty Pride and Prejudice morsel reference. Oti was not aware of Mr Darcy’s character being modelled off the same in Pride and Prejudice so he was granted graces for thinking he was a complete dick at the start. He is definitely the ideal man, pointing to him saying he loves Bridget’s jiggly bits.
- Em and KT were given a different perspective from Oti in regards to naughty playboy Cleaver. As problematic as his character was, Oti reflected Bridget’s eagerness might have worked against her.
Unrelated but vital points
- Oti Reeves. Faken not stirred.
- To keep British citizenship valid, all must annually watch Bridget Jones’ Diary. Those that fail to do so are exiled to Australia.
- We were very close to creating a Colin Firth podcast with KT and Em lol
For Your Reference
Our suggestions on what you should watch in supplement of this movies.
[imdb style=”gray”]tt0112130[/imdb][imdb style=”gray”]tt0120148[/imdb]
For Your Reference
[imdb style=”gray”]tt0128853[/imdb][imdb style=”gray”]tt1315981[/imdb]