Check your pockets for extra change because this week we are diving into The Big Short. Quid Pro Mo brought to you by Book of Lies podcast.
Released: December 2015
Worldwide Gross: $133,440,870
Breakdown and Analysis
- The impact of the global financial crisis was felt by millions in the United States of America.
- This movie geniuinely made it easier to understand the complexities of the trading world.
- The cameos from Margot Robbie, Selena Gomez and Anthony Bourdain (RIP) were excellent. Super effective.Burry is a bloody genius. It takes a lot of confidence to stand against executives pressuring you. Good for him. It also must be super exhausting to be so smart. From the point of view told from the movie, it all spawned from Burry. Also when researching this episode, half of his lower stomach was removed from so much stress in the body. Take care of yourselves, pals!
- Baum was an interesting character. He wasn’t necessarily a dick for no reason. The movie did a great job in portraying dimensions to Baum especially not dealing with his brother’s death.Jared was from the banks but also found a way to take advantage of Burry’s findings. He also becomes like the connector to most of the characters in the film
- Jamie and Charlie were ambitious and we found ourselves rooting for them
- Rickert seemed to be the kind of guy that became overwhelmed by an over consumption of information. Knowing more increases paranoia.
Unrelated but vital points
- Michael Lewis has also authored Blind Side
- Marisa Tomei is delightful and it was great to see her in this movie
- Sydney and California are ridiculously expensive places to live